Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm Not Nice

The so-called original D&D Renaissance is an attempt to do that, but so far all it has managed to do is create countless protesting/divisive blog posts on how to DEFINE original D&D.

What a crock of ignorant horse shit. Fight On!, all the retro clones, One Page Dungeon and contests, TARGA. Those are products of the OSR.

I'm really pissed and disappointed that the post that quote is from is getting attention. It's pretty much a gimmicky troll post. Look at all those blogs I follow/read over there. After reading his B.S. for awhile that author is one of a very few I've taken off. I hope more people learn what a waste of time he? is.


Re "attempt to do that" which was reach "a viable conclusion on how it should be played."

The exact fucking opposite. The OSR is the celebration of DIY, of how everyone enjoys the game differently, and how you don't have to play it like everybody else esp not how the game companies tell you to play. And fucking esp not how some blogger says.

10 comments:

  1. Aw, man. Is that the line that's cheesing everyone off? I liked much of the rest of the post and ignored that part as obviously so far off base no commentary was really needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jeff: I really don't get it. Why all the high-fives over that post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably just having a bad day. Problem is, the internet is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya right Paladin...Here is flame-bait worthy material brought to you by an OSR troll and whaddya do other than "Aw, he's just having a bad day!"

    Faustusnotes tries to engage in a forthright and critical examnination of play methodologies and what's the Old School Revival do? Take a dump all over him.

    I downloaded Labyringht Lord and S&W cuz we thought it was kewl it was free and seemed to be pretty sweet, but we ain't gonna play it. We'll stick with our 4th edition, ya know why?

    Cuz we'd rather be CALLED retards than ending up ACTING like the retards in the Old School Revival. Thanx, but no thanx u fugging hypocrites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been nice with a link or at least a mention about what you are commenting upon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Jeff. I was more just glad he was speaking his mind.

    And I pretty much like your post for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bah, sad that my pointless rant garners the most commentary.

    Sorry, you had to read my "anger release" so that I didn't "go off" in the comments of someone else's blogs.

    @Andreas the reason for that are explained within the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Norman. I still think it's just common courtesy when you talk to or about someone to acknowledge their existence. Otherwise you are not engaging in commentary at all. I can understand not wanting to give anyone you don't appreciate the spotlight, but the best way to do that is to not say anything, right? ;)

    Also, I have no idea what you are speaking about and would like to form an opinion of my own. I'm trying to scale back on the blog reading in order to not burn out, and I am kind of lost here. I must have missed something. Maybe it's for the best then.\

    BTW, if this is in reply to what I with the help of google have found, I think some OSR people should calm down and engage in some constructive reply, since I think that guy actually had some valid points. No offence, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My whole issue was the speaking in absolutes and comparing the OSR to an EXTREMELY negative perspective on organized religion. At that point I felt like I was reading a college thesis that he was trying to defend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While that was a pretty offensive and ill-conceived post, I like a lot of the stuff that Alexis does. I stumbled onto some of his online games a while ago and MAN, that guy goes into detail in his campaign worlds.

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts