Thursday, April 1, 2010

CAPTCHA Names

So, who else is collecting captcha words to use for naming dragons, demons, elder horrors, forgotten grimoires, and the like?  To me they illicit a strange wrongness that other name generators fail to produce.

Please share your collection and/or other means for name generation in the comments.

[Ah, Rusty probably is the one I got this idea from. And check out how far Have Dice Will Travel has taken it.]


My list:

Ammagu
Ashalc
Avizkalsha
Bacurn
Byispli
Chlyza
Coppi
Cringi
Curnlar
Dablept
Dinsur
Dionur
Dormirt
Dzoola
Feltlic
Gatet
Glessa
Gosmert
Gralming
Hecto
Iagdhir
Iajuxxa
Ingics
Irednes
Kiathut
Kyaxyl
Kzxjus
Liumm
Oopsnau
Opilsith
Otifyis
Pastr
Phava
Phum
Prilitr
Puphyp
Reotaga
Scutranc
Shali
Shlosum
Skrous
Sluadit
Sotromis
Subwoo
Sugnu
Tulanci
Unato
Vurxabt

4 comments:

  1. Love those Captcha names! I've got two older posts (here and here) covering the topic and there are over 250 Captcha-derived names populating the name-generation function in my auto-filling Basic D&D sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of lists I have yet to collate and post, but I'll subscribe here and try to link back soon

    The captcha for this post: Symell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sheet sounds rad, but I guess osX "Preview" doesn't do the automatic parts.

    Nice, look forward to your lists. It's funny so many people have same idea.

    Symell is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd often has this thought. I'm glad somebody was less lazy than me and started collating them.

    ..and in posting this a got the name of a demure daughter of nobility -- Adirme (ah-DEER-may). ;)

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts