Classes and multi-classing are limited by race. Standard Ability requirements (15+ in Ability) for multi-classing remain. Humans, Dwarves Elves, Halflings and 1/2 Orcs are playable races. Fighters, Clerics, Wizards, Rogues with Rangers and Druids for Wood Elves only after PHB is released.
Basic D&D 5th Edition PDF
Dwarves are insular, secretive, and paranoid. They distrust everyone, strongly dislike elves, loath beast races (orcs, goblins, etc.)
Only Cleric, Fighter, Rogue or Fighter/Rogue multi-class (must alternate levels).
- Disadvantage on Charisma checks with non-dwarves.
- May not cast spells which require a willing target on nor use the Help action to aid Elves or any beast race.
- May not be a willing target of any Wizard Spell.
- Advantage on saving throws against wizardly magic and resistance against magical damage.
- Advantage on saving throws against poison and resistance against poison damage.
- Stonecunning proficiency and advantage on history stonework, detect slopes, stone traps, depth underground and the like.
- Proficiency with Light and Medium Armor
- Proficiency with battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, warhammer
- Pick one tool proficiency: smiths, brewers, or mason
- +2 Con
- +1 Wis or +1 Str
- +1 hit point per level
No Hill Dwarves. [wisdom bonus meant every dwarf cleric would be a hill dwarve, which just annoyed me.]
- (a) Chain mail or (b) Ring mail or (c) Studded Leather
- (a) Battleaxe or (b) Warhammer
- (a) Lt Crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) 2 hand axes and shield
- Pick two; Holy Symbol, Thieves' Tools, Caltrops, Climber's kit, Crowbar, Grappling hook, Miner's Pick, Shovel, Steel Mirror, Sledge Hammer, Cask of Ale
- backpack, bedroll, mess kit, hammer, 10 pitons, tinderbox, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet hemp rope.