Classes and multi-classing are limited by race. Standard Ability requirements (15+ in Ability) for multi-classing remain. Humans, Dwarves Elves, Halflings and 1/2 Orcs are playable races. Fighters, Clerics, Wizards, Rogues with Rangers and Druids for Wood Elves only after PHB is released.
Campaign setting happens to be adjacent to the Beast Kingdoms (full or humanoids of all sorts) and in city which is accustom to seeing Orc and other Beast races as slaves and mercenaries. So, figured 1/2 orc fit.
Basic D&D 5th Edition PDF
Half-OrcHalf-Orcs are a beast race and widely disliked. Brutish, short-tempered and typically short-lived. Half-Orc race represents both the offspring of human and orc as well as the smartest, least bestial full-blood orcs.
Only Cleric, Fighter, or Rogue. May take levels of Rogue with either Fighter or Cleric.
- Disadvantage to Charisma checks with Halflings, Elves, Dwarves and humans unaccustomed to beast races.
- +1 Con
- You can speak Common and Orcish.
Half-Orc Starting Equipment
- (a) Leather armor or (b) Ring mail and Shield (if proficient)
- (a) holy symbol or (b) thieves' tools
- 2 light weapons you are proficient with
- 2 melee weapons you are proficient with
- 1 ranged weapon you are proficient with
- backpack, bedroll, mess kit, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet hemp rope.