Thursday, July 3, 2014

Six Systems in Six Months

Because I have too many games I want to run and I like "promoting" RPGs at my FLGS's I came up with scheme to run small "campaigns" with six different (less common, but currently available) game systems in roughly six months.  I'm sure with holidays and scheduling it will take a little longer than that. But the goal is run 3-5 connected sessions of each RPG. Long enough to get real feel for system, not too long the DM burns out.



Candidate Systems

Dungeon Crawl Classics - too 'popular" for list but friends are begging me to run it...

FATE - Thinking something Hong Kong Action like. "Big Trouble in Little China" with some "Escape from New York" thrown in.

RuneQuest II (Mongoose) - cause that is version I have.

Brutal Big Bad Ball Bustin Bloody Battles - Fast light fun.

Something Sci-Fi; Stars Without Number, Star Frontiers, maybe classic (TOS) Fasa Star Trek  but that's not really "available".

HARP / MERP - My most favorite system I've never (well vanishingly rarely) played.

5 comments:

  1. That IS a cool idea. *sigh* I wish I could do that (in Seattle, I don't have the time; in Paraguay, I don't have the game shop).

    For Sci-Fi, I would suggest X-Plorers over anything you listed: it's "Star Frontiers" in the B/X style (though you'd have to add the vrusk and dralasite).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for all six. I've been looking to try more sci-fi, and I've wanted to try both DCC and Runequest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you hadn't noticed, first one (DCC) is scheduled http://www.meetup.com/dnd-823/events/192878632/

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the feedback. I knew there was another "OSRish" (whatever that means) Sci-fi game I had heard about. Thanks. Will X-Plorer to list.

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts