I've only be able to run a dozen or so sessions of players through the Barrowmaze. Mostly because the pool of face-to-face old school gamers is fairly limited. I'm stoked about a version for the hoards of 5ed players that crowd several FLGS couple nights a week in my area. And while I could convert it myself, or on the fly, I'd rather spend that energy in running the thing, consternating and delighting my players. Plus Stan Shin was one of if not the first to post 5ed conversion notes/system (which I've used and approve of). I have confidence Barrowmaze 5th ed conversion will be done well.
The MegadungeonThe core of Barrow is a vast megadungeon. The content is broken up into sections so you can dive into the adventure without having to read the entire book first. The megadungeon content includes:
Over 600+ dungeon rooms
- 36 lavishly illustrated player handouts (each referenced in the text of the megadungeon itself)
- A dedicated monster section each with individual illustrations
- New magic items and spells
- Random Encounters
- Patron Generator
- Random tables for Dungeon Dressing, Graffiti, Runic Tablet Results, Dungeon Restocking, Sarcophagus Contents and more!
- Random Crypt Generator to create your own Barrows
- Enough old-school content for literally years of gaming!