Monday, October 8, 2012

Monster HP Tracking

At the table I've been using d6's to track monster hit points (roll bunch, group them into "creatures" 1 die per HD, then remove or "rotate" dice as damage is inflicted).  I'm not satisfied.  I want to use d6+2 per HD. Needs space, and prone to accidents (jostling dice, using them for some other roll).  A bit too fiddly / time consuming.

I remember seeing a pdf of d6 rolls (I think from ChogWiz).  I decided to create a little hitdice program to create similar ReStructedText chart. The use one of my favorite tools, rst2pdf, to create the following PDF which I'll print out and test in next Sunday's Gold and Glory game.



2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool idea. You just cut the columns into blocks containing the proper number of hit dice, then you're done. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am the main author of rst2pdf. Just out of idle curiosity... what is that thing? :-D

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts