Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Old Post Reread

Someone found an old post of mine and commented on it, which made me reread that post, which made my day.  It was written just about a year ago and it's a message/theme that's good for me to be reminded of.  So, I'm linking to it.




I liked one of the bits of that post so much that I added to the top of Troll and Flame's sidebar as the motto / theme / purpose of this blog.
This supplement is offered in the hopes that it will infuse new life into the amateur side of fantasy role playing games, and stimulate the free idea exchanges so sorely needed to keep this type of gaming alive and viable. This supplement does not seek to replace or denigrate any other fantasy role playing supplement or game, either professional or amateur. 
-- David Hargrave

Some other Troll and Flame posts on Arduin.  I doubt it but maybe I'll get in gear and finally review some of this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on those supplements some day. Sadly, I was taken aback by the price asked by the company that is currently reprinting them. Time to borrow one of my friend's copies and hit the photocopy machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote from a great game. I remember using Arduin on top of D&D rather than on its own back in the day. It made D&D more interesting and Arduin more managable.

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts