Friday, March 12, 2010

ITGW B2 Caves of Chaos is Go!

UPDATE: read the Caves of Chaos Game Report

At the Austin D&D March Meetup I'll running B2 Caves of Chaos for International Traditional Gaming Week at BattleForge Games in Austin Texas March 21st! 

Classic D&D - B2 The Caves of Chaos
DM - Norman J. Harman Jr.
The thick, twisted tree trunks, unnaturally misshapen limbs, writhing roots, clutching and grasping thorns and briars all seem to warn and ward you off, but you have hacked your way through regardless.  Now you have stepped out into a ravine like area.  The dark, streaked rock walls rise rather steeply to either side to a height of about 100' or so.  Clumps of trees grow here and there.  At varying heights on all sides of the ravine, you can see the black mouths of cave like openings.  The sunlight is dim, the air dank, there is an oppressive feeling here.  A flock of ravens rise croaking from the ground, the beat of their wings and their cries magnified by the terrain to sound loud and horrible.

You know that you have certainly discovered the Caves of Chaos.


Come play one of the originals, B2 Caves of Chaos, perhaps the very module you or your father learned how to play D&D with.  Test your mettle vs the evil denizens of the caves.  Face and defeat molemen, kobolds, orcs, zombies, ogres, warangatangs, and the dreaded Owlbear.  Do you have what it takes to survive?  Can you clear out the caves and bring Law to the wilderness!?

Fast & fun, few rules, very easy to learn.  New players encouraged to join in the fun.  Everyone welcome.


I'm running this one-shot to celebrate International Traditional Gaming Week, http://www.traditionalgaming.org/targa-itgw-2010.html.  And also as a prelude to my 12 hour B2 marathon April 3rd at FLGS Dragon's Lair in Austin, TX.  The attentive will note some alterations to B2; molemen, warangatangs? What can I say I like Traditional Games but I'm not very traditional.  Gotta mix some mutant future.  Also, changed up the caves to keep them fresh and challenging to those who have trod all over the original caves.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome intro!



    I see you just joined TARGATalk, too. A couple of messages back Michael and I are hashing out the changes we are making to compare our games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ancientvaults

    I can't take credit, it's from B2. Gary Gygax wrote that intro (I trimmed it lots to make shorter). I always try to write/borrow a "punchy" intro for my 1-shots/campaigns. I think it helps set mood / get people jazzed to play.

    SXSW starts now (huge conference/party here in Austin), so I have no time. But, next week (or maybe after 21st), I'll be posting a blog about the B2 I'm using. Has lots of bits from Hackmaster's B2 added. And check up on what you guys are doing.

    This is gonna be a blast!

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts