Thursday, November 19, 2009

South Austin Has A Game Store!

Who knew? I didn't, and I've been lamenting lack of FLGS that was not way the hell North since I've moved to this fine city.

The other day, leaving 1/2 Priced Books I spied "across the street" strip mall a small store Tribe Comics and Games. Flippin Awesome! Thinks I. Going in I ask "Wow, Awesome! Game store in South Austin, are you guys new?" "Uh, no. We just celebrated our one year anniversary. What's worse is I drive past it almost every day on my way home from work, doh!

The people there were totally friendly and tried really hard to find me some Lovecratianesque comics. I bought even more stuff there, including this Tribfecta of three GIANT classic comics collections. Over 1500 pages of Weird Science, Horror and Conan!


I will be adding Tribe to my regular every other week or so "spend lots of money buying weird/old rpg stuff from 1/2 price books" jaunt. If only to by the other five volumes of Savage Conan. Like 3000 freakin pages of Conan. Tribe has a small gaming area, although, they aren't open crazy late like some other stores. Still, I'm seriously thinking about running some games there, any Austinites read this blog? Wanna game?

Hopefully this is a link to Tribe's Google Map and this is my Google Map of Austin Area RPG Stores, aka FLGS.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the good fortune of discovering a FLC&GS close to my home. My nearest store is still about 45min-1hr away. The good thing is the owner of "my" shop mails me my comics every couple of weeks so I don't have to rearrange my schedule to get there when he is open.
    Maybe one day I'll just open my own shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the day about two months ago that I finally stopped in the used bookstore that is five blocks from my house and discovered that they had an awesome selection of RPGs! In my defense, he keeps kind of odd hours, is not open on Sunday at all and will shut down the shop early sometimes. I live in Springfield but work in Eugene so I am hardly ever in the neighborhood that I live in during normal business hours. Still, I was overjoyed to find that less than a mile from my house was a place that had boxes and boxes of used rpgs. Since than, I have bought a lot of great stuff from the place. Congrats on your find - Hooray for game stores close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. North Austin Represent! Woot Woot!

    I like the map, that's helpful. I should have checked out Tribe when I was spending all weeek down on South Lamar for Fantastic Fest!

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts